Finding a healthy and sustainable balance between your professional and personal life is crucial for long-term health, happiness, and success. In a world that’s as connected, distracted, and demanding as ours, however, it can be a very difficult thing to achieve. It’s important, therefore, for modern professionals to be informed and educated about what can be done to achieve a maximally productive and satisfying work-life balance.
Thankfully, there are many books that have been written on this subject. By drawing from the wisdom and experience of others, it will be much easier for us to implement positive changes in our own lives.
Here are a few that we recommend starting with:
- For many married couples, it can be a daily struggle to balance professional responsibilities with domestic duties. In Fair Play, Eve Rodsky gives readers a series of simple formulas for achieving harmony at home and at work.
- The idea that work should be attended to 24/7 is a pervasive one in our society, but it can produce some serious psychological and physical consequences. In this thought-provoking read, author Tiffany Schlain provides a compelling argument for unplugging at least one day per week.
- For many of us, the struggle to achieve a healthy work-life balance is fundamentally an attention allocation Learning how to manipulate and improve our concentration, in other words, has the power to completely reshape our approach to our careers and home lives. In this powerful book, author Nir Eyal provides readers with some strategies for doing just that.
The Balance Point: Master the Work-Life Balance, Love What Your Do, and Become an Unstoppable Entrepreneur
- Whether you’re aspiring to be an entrepreneur or you’re just looking for practical ways to excel in your current career, this accessible and illuminating read can provide you with some tips for getting there while keeping your sanity and maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Redefining Work-Life Balance: One-Minute Tools to Manage Stress, Achieve More, and Enjoy Life Every Day
- Finding balance at work and at home starts with small steps. In Redefining Work-Life Balance, Jim Bird provides readers with a series of simple and easily-implementable tips and tricks for rebuilding our relationships with stress, work, and attention.
If you’re interested in learning more about what you can do today to achieve a more harmonious work-life balance in the future, contact Salem Solutions today!