Due to the impact of COVID-19, the economy has seen unprecedented high rates of unemployment. At first glance, this may seem like a positive when it comes to filling your call center positions. You will be sure to receive many applicants to choose from. However, high rates of unemployment pose unique and unforeseen challenges to employers. Let’s take a closer look at the obstacles faced by call centers and how a staffing firm can be the solution.
Challenges Call Centers Face When Hiring During High Unemployment
- High unemployment rates mean a significantly higher number of resumes that you must sift through to find the best candidate.
- Many candidates will now have employment gaps on their resume which can be perceived negatively and you run the risk of “unemployment bias.”
- There are often a higher number of candidates with skills gaps, which may require added training time and costs.
- A large volume of applicants that apply may not meet the minimum requirements for the position.
The bottom line is that a higher number of applicants does not translate into all candidates being highly qualified for open call center positions. This can make the hiring process difficult and time consuming. A staffing firm can address these pain points and take the hassle out of hiring.
Partner with a Staffing Firm to Find Great Candidates More Quickly
Utilizing a staffing firm to handle your call center’s hiring needs can ease the various obstacles faced during times of high unemployment. Here’s how you can benefit from a staffing firm:
- Understand your call center’s unique needs – Staffing specialists will take the time to understand your hiring goals and ongoing headcount needs.
- Sift through applicants – The staffing firm will carefully look at each applicant’s resume to determine which ones are qualified for your call center’s specific position requirements.
- Vet candidates – The staffing firm will thoroughly vet every candidate to ensure they not only have the necessary experience, but also the intangible skills that lead to successful performance within a call center environment.
- Adapt – Staffing firms understand that due to current circumstances, applicants’ resumes may look a little different and will adapt to these changes. For instance, perfectly qualified applicants may have employment gaps on their resume that were beyond their control.
Let Us Handle Your Call Center Staffing Needs
Hiring during this time of high unemployment is like finding a needle in a haystack. It takes a great deal of time, resources and cost to find the best candidates to fill your open positions. These are resources that could be better spent elsewhere.
As a premier call center staffing firm, Salem Solutions has years of experience matching the right employers with the right candidates. Let our staffing specialists eliminate the hassle of hiring by finding the best agents for you quickly and efficiently. Request an employee today and leave the rest up to us!